Monday, November 9, 2009

17 again


Remember those days? When we were care free? We could do anything and everything and we felt like we know everything but knew nothing. 8 years later today, 17 years old guys are more mature than we were at their age.

I am born gay. Since the day I could get my censored up, I had feelings for guys. Even though my wet dreams were always allied with guys, I didn’t have the gay ghost on my head those days. I was trying to understand why I fell like that. I had even decided that this is something wrong with me and found a girl friend thinking that it might help to deal with it. I was 19 when I finally dealt with it and came out to myself. That’s when I found my first boy friend.

Today by the time you are 17, you’ve gone though couple of relationships, Heartbroken several times.

What makes someone mature? Maturity often associated with the age. Older you get mature you will be. That statement is not completely wrong but it is deficient in the key fact of maturity, “experience”. Experience is what makes you a mature guy not age. However with age you get more experience.

Today teenagers face many challenges I didn’t face. Society has changed. When I was 17 there was no ADSL internet. Majority of the population didn’t know what internet is. There were no dating sites, or chat rooms. Even if there were, we were not aware of them. Finding a guy wasn’t easy like today. Even if you find one, you are scared shit to meet. Those days a meeting includes two or more people meet physically. Today you meet online, in Facebook, Hi5 or Orkut.

Mobile phones were not widespread and very expensive. Mobile call charges were unbelievably high. Today I don’t know who doesn’t have a mobile phone. Those days mobile phones were made to make phone calls. Today making a call is least of the worries of a mobile phone manufacturer.

With the dramatic change of society, culture and economy, today’s teenager is more matured. Some of them are mature than we 25 years old guys. Today I met a guy (online) who is 17 but very mature. I gave him the title of the best 17 years old I ever met. I am not sure the change in today’s teenagers is good or bad. One way they are more responsible which is a good thing but, they miss being the care free teenager and have fun.

Do I want to be 17 again….. Yes I do. But not today’s 17. I want to go to my 17 where I had most fabulous time of my life.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im totally agree with u with regard to ur remarks on ADSL and other means of communication. and Im feeling that today's youth have become more vulnarable than the past. for example, I know a guy who is taking OL this year, and who has had sex with more than 10 guys for his little age. it not a matter of number, he can have sex with 101 guys if he wishes to, but these younger fellars lacking experience and enough maturity to survive in the gay world are easily get into troubles. one big issue is venereal diseases like AIDs. another friend of mine recently got his blood checked for AIDs. I know how I persanally felt it. yes homosexuality should be spoken in behalf of, but never forget to add cautions when ever u talk about it. for the betterment of our youth. out dearest and loving youth. - ur anonymous

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails