Sunday, November 15, 2009

Secret Love

Reading gay stories online is something I do when I have free time. There was a story I like called “Finding Tim” that had a nice song in it. The song is from a 1951 musical, The King and I. it was reproduced many times over the time and was made a film as well. The song illustrates the hidden love between a wife of the Thai king and her secret lover. When I read it, that hit a lot closer to home.

We kiss in a shadow,
We hide from the moon,
Our meetings are few,
And over too soon.
We speak in a whisper,
Afraid to be heard;
When people are near,
We speak not a word.
Alone in our secret,
Together we sigh,
For one smiling day to be free
To kiss in the sunlight
And say to the sky:
"Behold and believe what you see!
Behold how my lover loves me!"


We gay couples have to live like them. We suffer the same way they did. We are afraid to be heard, together we sigh. We all wait for the day that we can kiss in the sunlight and proudly say;

"Behold and believe what you see! Behold how my lover loves me!"

1 comments:

LG said...

Very touching verse..and so true!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails