Monday, November 30, 2009

Sam and Kevin - chapter 2

Campus started. It was really a nice, new and enjoyable experience. However there was the division of Asians and westerners. We were friends with other Asians but not much with white students. They weren’t being racists at all, just not comfortable with us I guess. But after some times when we worked together, play together, eat together and shower together, we gotten to know each other and the distance flew away. Arun and I were always together. There was Anita an Indian girl, Joe her boy friend, Tyler from Canada and jenny from LA. We all together were one big gang. No one could say my name right. So I just became Sam for short. Arun and I being gay was a known fact to our gang. No one had a problem with that. But we kept it to our group. Even though it’s not illegal in here, there can always be gay haters.

I went to “the bookmark” couple of times again. There was a coffee shop next to the bookshop. It was actually a part of bookshop. I started to go there some evenings, when I want to read a book or may be an assignment to finish. Kevin (that was his name) came and talked at least couple of words every time. We talked about ourselves, family, studies, politics and everything. We became kind of friends. We were talking about movies one day and the topic ‘Brokeback Mountain’ was on discussion.

“Except for the beautiful scenes I don’t know what’s so good about that movie.”

That’s my idea of the movie.

“Why because it’s a gay movie?”

Kevin sounded like irritated.

“Not at all. But I am not sure what the movie trying to say. The sex scenes are so….well they are just sex. No emotion or love in it. That proves the gay stereotype right, that we only care about sex”

“Did you say ‘we’ ?”

Of shit…… I am dead. It slipped away. Now what am I gonna do ? just say it’s a mistake or accept ? what if he freak out ? I didn’t know what to say. I was just looking at my coffee.

“hey man it’s cool. No worries. I am not gonna freak out or anything. Actually I am glad you said that ?”

“what ?”

“you see from the first day I saw you I was so drooling over you. I wanted to ask you on a date but I wasn’t sure if you are gay.”

Is this happening ? The man of my dream is gay and he is asking me out ? I must be dreaming.

“now everything is clear, would you go on a date with me ?”

I am flying. I can see the sun. moon and stars all at the same time. I hear the violins playing.

“so Sam what do you say ? please say yes please”

“Yes yes yes. I will”

Kevin gave me that smile which melts my heart. Damned if I said no. how could I ? That’s what I wanted always.

“so can I pick you at 6 Friday ?”

“where are we going ?”

“you like Italian ?” I nodded.

“ok there is a nice Italian restaurant about 15 minutes drive from here. Then we can go and see a movie. If you are ok with that.”

“sounds like a plan”

I could do no more studies. I closed my laptop and told Kevin its time for me to go. He offered to drive me but I decline. I wasn’t sure how I walked to the hostel. Somehow I did. Arun was in room.

“what happened?”

“Kevin asked me on a date.”

“he did what ?”

Then I explained him what happened.

“you should dance around you idiot. Why are you like this ?”

“I don’t know. You know I never gone on a date. I even don’t know what to do.”

“that’s not a problem. Let me call an emergency meeting”

In 30 minutes out gang was in cafeteria. Arun explained the reason for the meeting. Tyler and jenny explained me the fine art of dating. What to do what not to do and all. But I wasn’t convinced.

“all those are for straight people isn’t it ? do you think it’s gonna work for gay people ?”

“honey gay or straight, dating is same.” jenny told us.

“whats after the dinner ?” I asked.

“normally desert comes after the dinner”

“ha ha very funny. I mean should I do it on the first date or should I wait till the second or third date ?”

“hey don’t look at me. I don’t do dates. I just skip the dinner and jump to the desert part.” Arun said.

“that’s where no one else can help you. You ll have to decide that yourself. You ll have to follow your instinct.” Tyler answered my question.

“thanks guys for your help” I thanked them.

“you ll be fine. Just don’t forget the condoms and KY gel”

I smiled.

2 comments:

gaysrilanka said...

I like your stories.. keep writing.. love ya..

BlOo JeANs said...

O.o COOL! love this story BTW!
If this was a manga i would buy every single volume!
(Fan Girl For Life)<3

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails