Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My other half. Black or white?


There are different categories of guys. There are Caucasian, black, Indian, Asian, and Latino. My categorization is not complete and 100% accurate, however for the moment let’s assume it is. If I want to put myself in to one of those categories I will put myself in Indian category. As much as I hate to be called an Indian, I have no choice because when you say Asian mostly it means south East Asians and Chinese.

I m a Sri Lankan who is sexually more attracted to white men. Not that I say no to local guys but if I was given the choice I would choose a white guy over a local. Many Caucasian gay guys have the preference for black, Latino, Indian or Asians. The percentage of inter racial attraction is large enough for a social scientists to research on it. I am not a social scientist but this got me thinking. Is there a social or mental reason for this?

The simplest explanation is that opposite attracts. As simple as it may sounds, opposite can have many definitions. The main oppositeness in a hetro relationship, which doesn’t exist in a homo relationship is the gender. It’s the ultimate opposite. But a gay relationship gender is something they have in common. Having things in common might help to sustain a relationship, but still oppositeness is necessary for the attraction.

A thought flashed in to my mind. Are we trying to fill a gap by choosing a partner from another race? Are we trying to acquire the otherness by widening the oppositeness of our partners? Are we trying to be as close as possible to hetro couples?

I have given one possible explanation for the inter-racial attraction in the knowledge of my wide sweeping generalization. There are many guys who have other reasons for the attraction. For some people it can be as simple as just a preference like the preference of blondes or blue eyes.

Whatever the reason of Caucasians’ preference for Asian, I am happy for it. It got my man attracted to me and me to him, and end of the day that’s all it matters to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails